a REAL, working dairy farm! Fun for all ages
21500 Otis Cooper Rd.
Moss Point, MS 39562
Spring 2015 and Fall Dates: Booking Now!!
Day Care, home school & other groups are welcome
Home School Day- April 29th, call to book your spot
Please call or email to inquire: 251-709-2001 or email@example.com
Hands-on experiences that meet Content Standards:
-Compare farming in the past to farming today
-Describe the different feeds eaten by the cows
-See the lifecycle of a cow from calf to cow
-Live cow milking demonstration (origin of a product)
-Conduct an experiment to see the surface tension of milk
-Play Time- farm activities
-Learn about the 3 a Day dairy program to include 3 servings of dairy each day-Use of covered Picnic Area (you provide sack lunch)
TO SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 251-709-2001
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR FIELD TRIP & DIRECTIONS TO OUR FARM:
field trip. We will provide you with a receipt. Please ask your chaperones to bring EXACT CHANGE (cash only) if they are not prepaid.
of the trip, please contact our field trip coordinator directly.
Directions to Our Farm
Travel west on Airport Blvd. to the Mississippi state line. Proceed on Hwy. 614 for 2.4 miles and turn right onto Otis Cooper Rd. Drive 1.3 miles. The educational facility will be on your left.
Travel east from Hwy. 63 on Hwy. 614 for 8 miles and turn left onto Otis Cooper Rd. Drive 1.3 miles. The educational facility will be on your left.
We’re looking forward to your visit !!
-enter the educational classroom for a presentation, welcome, facility layout-restrooms, schedule of activities
Farm Tour Rotations
- learn about the feeding system used on the dairy farm. Visitors will describe the different types of feed eaten by the cows.
- identify key components of the cow anatomy and discuss the importance of the various organs, view the full-size bathtub to discuss the water required to produce milk
- bottle feed a baby calf and learn about how baby calves are raised.
-make butter and retell the steps
- observe a live cow milking demonstration to discuss the steps in the milking process.
- trace the origin of dairy products from the cow to the consumer.
-3 a Day Program Dairy Program
Lunch- covered area/picnic tables
Middleton Farms produces safe, wholesome dairy products and this information will be shared with visitors as well as an overview of the dairy commodity.